[Zoso-general] Re: System Resources...

Grega Bremec gregab at gbsoft.org
Wed Feb 16 06:14:02 UTC 2005

...and on Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 07:41:51AM +0530, Abhijit Menon-Sen used the keyboard:
> At 2005-02-15 08:49:35 -0500, Greg.Zaubi at marist.edu wrote:
> >
> > ODSL200
> > ODSL201
> > ODSL202
> > ODSL203
> > ODSL204
> > The PASSWORD is the same as the USERID.
>
> Hi Greg.
>
> I tried to access the system with this information, but it said:
>
>   IKJ56700A ENTER USERID -
>   ODSL200
>   IKJ56420I USERID ODSL200 NOT AUTHORIZED TO USE TSO
>
> (And it said the same for 201-204 too.)
>
> On the other hand, if I try to login as P390A/P390B (which you mentioned
> in an earlier message), the authentication succeeds, but it says:
>
>   ICH70001I P390A    LAST ACCESS AT 02:41:01 ON MONDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2005
>   IKJ56496I DEFAULT ACCOUNT NUMBERS COULD NOT BE OBTAINED - ENTER ACCOUNT NUMBER
>
> And I don't know the account number.

Hello Grega, Abhijit, list,

I tried connecting this morning, using an x3270 emulator, directly to
zos5.kctr.marist.edu, and had some progress in relation to previous
attempts. Namely, I entered the username in what is referred to as the
"OSDL204" account using lowercase letters, same for password, and was
subsequently asked to change the password due to it being expired.

However, after changing it to "mC20MFp" (I don't see the point in going
to any lengths in trying to encrypt it as it is being transmitted over
the network in cleartext anyway, at least for now), I get the following
note and then get disconnected:

    FSUM2384 No session was started.  The system cannot set the current
    working directory to the specified home directory for this user ID.

    Function = chdir(), directory name = '/U/KCTR/OSDL204', return
    value = -1, errno = 129 (X'00000081'), reason code = 0594003D,
    message = 'EDC5129I No such file or directory.'

Note that I had to switch terminal type to 3278, dumb (i.e., monochrome,
and turn off extended 3270 data stream) to be able to actually see this
message. Otherwise I would just be able to see the IBM copyright message
and get disconnected.

I didn't try any other usernames, in order not to scramble passwords for
the other user accounts, as login wouldn't accept me trying to reset the
password to the same value as initially set to, of course.

HTH.

Cheers,
--
    Grega Bremec